2019/2020 PERFORMANCE RESULTS
- TAZARA freight traffic up by 4% compared to previous FY, from 175,597mt to 182,302mt
- Inclusive of tonnage moved by Calabash Freight (196,676mt), total line capacity utilisation aggregate up by 4.5% to 378,978mt from 362,710mt recorded in the previous FY.
- Passenger Traffic declined by 9% from 3 million passengers transported in the previous FY to 2.8 million passengers in FY 2019/2020. Reasons for the drop included COVID-19 and landslide related disruptions.
- Overall turnover:- US$27.52m
- Non-operational income (inclusive of Calabash fees):- US$4m